Friday, February 5, 2016

Trust

As 2016 started, I decided to choose a word to focus on and maybe even lean into during a year that is full of change and new adventures.  I'm horrible at New Year's resolutions, so this seemed like a safe way to learn and grow without beating myself up over failures.  My word this year is trust.

The thing that I'm most excited about with focusing on this so small but simultaneously huge word is that it applies to every area of my life....

I need to trust that I am where I am supposed to be, on good days and bad.
I need to trust that there is Someone so much greater than I orchestrating my days and this journey that I am on.
I need to trust that I have the skills necessary for the situations that I find myself in, and that where I don't have the skills there will be opportunity for growth.
I need to trust the people around me where my independence has the opportunity to get me in trouble.
I need to trust that the foundations beneath me are strong enough to keep me standing (or leaning, or sitting, or whatever it is).
I need to trust that my friends, both near and far, will be there when I'm falling and hurting rather than looking at how I can pick myself up off of the ground.
I need to trust that He who began this crazy and wonderful work in me is faithful to complete it, even when I want to take the reins.

I'm trusting that 2016 is going to be quite the year.

1 comment: