Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I'm not dead, I promise!


When I moved to Chengdu, I really did have good intentions about blogging...I promise.  However, it seems that it falls quickly down the totem pole of importance as the days and month go on.  It's been a good month, filled with vacations, grading, eating lots and lots of rice and noodles, and getting to know my city more and more.  First quarter is now done at school, so it's nice to be at that point of knowing my students that we can be comfortable and truly enjoy the learning process.

Once again, rather than talking about what has gone on since the last time I wrote, I shall give you a picture journey :)


 The building that will be our school next year.

 I am a huge fan of how Starbucks looks in some parts of Chengdu

 The plastic to help the grass grow looks a little like snow :)

It's scooter riding time!

 Lanterns at an abandoned building.

Time for some traditional Chengdu hot pot.

  
Pig brain time!

  
Cow stomach? Don't mind if we do!

The typical pose for my roommate and I

Chestnuts roasting in an open wok...

 My scooter died on the way home one night, so I rode with it in the back of a moto-cab.

Dancing Pandas
They may or may not freak me out just a bit! :)


Location: Chengdu, China
Local Time (CST -- GMT+8): 8:21 p.m. (10/23/2012)
Auburn Time (PST -- GMT-7): 5:21 a.m. (10/23/2012)

1 comment:

  1. Miss T, today our class took a picture of us with your card. Everyone was thinking of last year as fifth graders. We are thinking of you. E18

    ReplyDelete