Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...

It amazes me how quickly time flies between moments where I take a breath and blog!  Sorry for yet another long delay.  Life has been…well, busy.  We’re at the point of only being a week and a half away from the end of the semester, which means my days are filled with snowflakes, Christmas carols, and oodles of grading.  The joys of being a teacher :)

Life is Chengdu has definitely gotten colder in the last month.  Coming back from Thailand was a shock to the system on multiple levels.  Maybe it was because of the temperature (which was lovely there, for sure), reuniting with friends from training this past summer, or taking my first trip out of China since arriving here in August, but my brain and body struggled for the first week or so after returning.  No matter how many transitions I go through, some aspects of them don’t get any easier.  I will always miss somewhere.  I’m okay with that reality, though, as long as I am taking the time to enjoy where I am.

I will inevitably take the time to blog when I am en route to my Christmas vacation in 10 days.  Hope you are well, wherever you are!


Location: Chengdu, China
Local Time (CST -- GMT+8): 5:11 p.m. (12/11/2012)
Auburn Time (PST -- GMT-7): 1:11 a.m. (12/11/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment