Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Anticipation

Have you ever stopped to think about that feeling in your stomach just before a plane takes off? Or just before you get some big news that you had a feeling was coming? Or just before you get results from the doctor? Or just before the teacher passes back a test that you are sure you aced...or worried that you didn't?  I love that feeling.

The anticipation of whatever is to come is one of the most revered and simultaneously feared feelings that a person can experience.  There is excitement mixed with dread; thrill mixed with apprehension.  I have that feeling in my stomach right now.  Tomorrow, my school here in the US will find out what is going on for the coming year.  My students will hear that I am leaving, and while they wouldn't be in my class anyway, it does change things.  Change is hard.  I know that as well as anyone else, and I don't like forcing change on people.  But guess what...it's going to happen whether you like it or not.

And so I eagerly wait with anticipation...excited for however things play out and ready with back-up (well, not really, but I'm sure I could muster some up) in case the tables turn :)

Location: Auburn, WA
Local Time (PST -- GMT-7): 11:18 a.m. (4/25/2012)
Chengdu Time (CST -- GMT+8): 2:18 a.m. (4/26/2012)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was there when you told us. 17V

    ReplyDelete