Monday, April 2, 2012

The first day of the rest of my life?

I've been itching to start this blog for weeks (maybe even months at this point), but I didn't want to jump the gun and somehow jinx myself as plans begin to get in place for the coming couple of years in my life.  However, today I got a fantastic phone call on my way to work and am ready to share it with the world...drum-roll please...
...
...
...
I'm officially moving to China next year!  I will be the 4th or 5th grade teacher at an international school in Chengdu.  Exciting, isn't it.  Perhaps a little terrifying too...but in a good way.

So, this blog will be a record of my journeys; of the stops along the way and the people and places that I encounter.  This is by the far the biggest move of my life, and the first that is to a totally unfamiliar destination with relatively unfamiliar people.  It will have it's ups and downs, with many a bend and twist I'm sure.

I'll try to post in here weekly, but sometimes I'm sure it will be more and sometimes far less.  I won't be in China until the end of July, but I have a few adventures before then that I'll try to get on here for you.  No promises, though :)

I'm glad to have you along for the ride!


Location: Auburn, WA
Local Time (PST -- GMT-7): 4:29 p.m. (4/2/2012)
Chengdu Time (CST -- GMT+8): 7:29 a.m. (4/3/2012)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited you're coming to China!!! :) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We already miss you, remember that song for #8? #17V over and out

    ReplyDelete