Saturday, May 26, 2012

Nature

I’m reminded now how much I love nature, and just how much I interact with it.  Every morning on my way to work in Auburn (as long as it’s not cloudy/rainy, that is), I see Mount Rainier.  There are always beautiful green trees somewhere close by.  Right now, I’m sitting with my aunt and uncle by a beautiful lake in Alberta, listening to the birds sing and the loons call out their claims to their territory.  Nature…everywhere.
Next year it will definitely be different.  Instead of mountains and evergreens, I’ll be in the largest city I’ve ever seen, surrounded by skyscrapers and millions of people.  It will be a different kind of nature…that which is the result of many people in a confined space.  There will be different sites that I marvel at.  Different mountains to adore, both figuratively and literally.
Different isn’t necessarily bad…just an adjustment.  Adjustments, here I come!

Location: Stony Plain, Alberta
Local Time (EST -- GMT-6): 7:29 p.m. (5/25/2012)
Auburn Time (PST -- GMT-7): 6:29 p.m. (5/25/2012)
Chengdu Time (CST -- GMT+8): 9:29 a.m. (5/26/2012)

6 comments:

  1. Miss Teusink, I know you're moving to Chengdu, but don't forget about Michael Saunders, Kyle Seager, and the rest of the Mariners here in Seattle. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haaaa i will never forget them ether you are number 8 right? i am very thankful for all the random comments it makes me feel better in this time of crying :)
    -number 9 2011-2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the random comments come at the perfect times (i.e.: CROISANT!)#17V
    P.S.: #3B should comment croisants at any time!
    Over and Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree with you 17V. If anyone knows where 3B is, tell him to go on the blog. It would be fun to talk to him, since he is leaving next year! 3B and 6H were my best guy friends and I will miss them with all of my heart! :(

      Delete
  4. yeah i wonder why he hasnt already blurted out something random but oh well he should firure it out sometime :)
    - 9 2011-2012

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey 9 are you counting me out in your group of friends?

    From: 8K

    ReplyDelete