Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cleaning...

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not one who likes to clean...or sort...or pack.  Definitely not pack.  And so, as I sit in my classroom after the last full day of school, surrounded by all of my little piles that I have attempted to avoid packing for weeks, I find myself writing and trying to get all of the bits and pieces out of my page and onto the screen.

I am absolutely no good at letting go.  Personality issue number 27, or 369, or whatever it is :)  As I contemplate tomorrow, 3 hours with my students and then a quick hug and sending them off for the summer, I am totally and completely heartbroken.  Even if I were staying in the same place next year, they wouldn't be my kiddos anymore.  A year old, a year wiser, and a year further along.  They will have passed 5th grade, and here I would be, starting with a new group.  Every new group is, of course, marvelous...but there are those few weeks at the start of any new thing where you are comparing every facet of it to that which once was.  I'm sure that my first few weeks in my new home at the end of July and beginning of August will be that.  No matter how hard I try, the differences are the first things that generally come to mind.

But for now, I sit in my classroom...gazing at my somewhat neatly stacked desks and seeing the emptiness on the walls...mourning the end of another wonderful year.  Thank you 5th graders, for making this yet another best year ever!  You will all always be in my thoughts and on my heart!


Location: Auburn, WA
Local Time (PST -- GMT-7): 4:28 p.m. (6/14/2012)
Chengdu Time (CST -- GMT+8): 7:28 a.m. (6/15/2012)

11 comments:

  1. hi i am number nine 2011-2012 i miss you very much do you know when i could see you again will you let me know i am sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be thinking of you, and I wish you did not have to clean. :( We all are crying our eyes out:( -17V

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be chatting with the Boss and asking him to help you clean. I am sad that you must leave the two in one. -18V

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo sad that the best teacher ever has to go across the world. It makes me want to cry! :(
    -DramaQueen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dont worry i am sure we are all crying our eyes out as well and this is a cool way to still stay connected it is good to hear from some old friends ant that right i am going to miss everyone because i am leaveing
      - number 9 2011-2012

      Delete
    2. It is good to connect this way too. I am certain that we all feel each others' sadness. It will be awesome to see how the Boss will use Miss Teusink. #17V, over and out.

      Delete
    3. I hope that we are all past the crying stage and can look forward to Miss T.'s adventures

      Delete
  5. hope you have an awesome time in chengdu, i've been talking to the Boss about you.

    -class clown

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah me to i spent 1 hour last night just talking with the big man wow i didnt know how much i missed 0t until i was gone and she was on her amazing adventure :)
    GOOD LUCK IN CHUNGDU !!!!!!!
    -9k

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with all of you. Miss T. is amazing and I will never forget her. I will miss all the people that are leaving next year. Especially 6H and 3B. I will also miss everyone else. I will definitely talk to the big man about keeping you safe and letting you get a lot of Snapple in China. But also to not let you get too hiper. Love ya!
    -15T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Miss T. That article made me cry. It is so sad that I had to say goodbye to you. I know I got on your nerves in class, and always got a 3 in talks when appropriate, and always told you my talking was a special gift, but thank you for not yelling at me. I will miss you so so so much. And for the record, 8K should've been voted most musical. He would start singing random songs when I sat next to him in class. Ha Ha! Classic 8K! -15T

    ReplyDelete