Sunday, August 26, 2012

Another week, another adventure...

It's been another wonderful week in Chengdu.  The highlights were...

...signing up for a Chinese bank account.  Other than the three hours that it took, it was fun getting all set up actually get my paycheck next Friday :)  My name is Teusink Teusink on the account...oh the joys of American names being as foreign to them as their names are to me.  We shall all learn eventually :)
 
One of the signs at the bank.  I love the English translations of signs here :)

...completing my first full week of school with my 5th graders.  They are absolutely wonderful and I already love them all.  I have been so blessed to have such wonderful students every year!
My name may be spelled wrong, but this is one of the coolest things I've ever gotten during the first week of school :)

 One of the courtyards at school.

...feeling like a natural on my scooter, weaving in and out of the traffic jams (if you can call them that) in my neighborhood.  Only one close call so far...but it wasn't that bad so no stress :)
I even managed to make it home with a big box riding with me :)

...seeing a beautiful sunset, and pictures of a gorgeous sunrise the following morning.  Clear days here are incredible, although semi few and far between.
 The sunset *sigh*

...wandering the city with friends.  I had a lovely meal with friends Friday night, which was our first trip to a previously-visited location in a taxi all by ourselves, and then on Saturday I wandered with a friend to a shopping area that neither of us had ever been to in a taxi.  Quite the adventure, and the accomplishment :)
Moon cakes for Fall Festival at Starbucks.

Location: Chengdu, China
Local Time (CST -- GMT+8): 7:44 p.m. (8/26/2012)
Auburn Time (PST -- GMT-7): 4:44 a.m. (8/26/2012)

2 comments:

  1. hey ms t.! glad ur having fun! glad ur fifth graders are liking you! so great that u found snapple! Im sooooooo excited for you. every time i drink one here, i think of you. :-) ur scooter is awesome and its cool what ur fifth graders made you! i miss you so much and I will never forget about you! Hey, maybe if you come back to visit in a couple years, you can be here for our eight grade graduation! time goes by fast! Maybe i'll even be taller than you! hahahahaha! love ya! -15T

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss u i thought of u when through a car window i was listening to dynamite and the passenger was drinking snapple!!!!!

    ReplyDelete