Saturday, August 11, 2012

The First Week

I have been in Chengdu almost a week and know that it is time to update my friends and family, but sitting down to write it all is quite a time commitment (there is just so much to say!), so instead I'm going to give you a picture view of my life for now, with more to come once I'm a little firmer on my feet with school and everything.  I do love living her, though, and am excited to keep learning more and more about my new home :)


My first view of Chengdu from the plane

 A rainbow on our first night

 The view off of our front room

 The view out my window on my first morning in Chengdu

 Our apartment complex courtyard

 Lunch with our national buddies...so delicious!

 My new favorite restaurant in Zhonghai!

 Care for some duck, anyone?

 I love sea cucumbers (to look at, not to eat), but I'm not sure I would pay $500 for a tray of baby sea cucumbers!

 Ikea!

Dinner on Friday night!

Signs here/translations of those signs are too fun!

Scooter shopping

My very own scooter




Location: Chengdu, China
Local Time (CST -- GMT+8): 7:59 a.m. (8/12/2012)
Auburn Time (PST -- GMT-7): 4:59 p.m. (8/11/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment