Sunday, April 2, 2017

An elephant never forgets...

But alas, I am not an elephant.

Apparently (according to Facebook 'on this day'), 6 years ago I went on a blind date.

Try as I might I can't remember it.  This is good/bad for multiple reasons.

The good:
- Apparently it wasn't a great experience, so clearly my brain is protecting me from the potential horror of remembering it clearly.
- The comments that people wrote after my forgettable blind date experience were encouraging.  Thanks friends.

The bad:
- I'm pretty sure that was the last date I've been on.  It would be kind of nice to have a memory of dating. (Kind of, but meh...)
- What if it's the last date I ever go on and I never remember it?!?!?! (And now I have Sleepless in Seattle quotes going through my mind...) "What if this man is my destiny and I never meet him?" "You're destiny can be your doom, think about me and Rick."

...And now I need to watch Sleepless in Seattle.

Here's to not being an elephant. *raises glass* *tink*

(Also, how fun was it back in the day to use stars around sentences to give voice to your actions.  Early texting was the best... *sigh*)

No comments:

Post a Comment