Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The best kind of day...

When I left home for the day this morning at 10:15, it was to grab coffee with a friend and maybe pick up a few bits and pieces at our favorite import store.

It's 8:45 p.m. now and I'm on my way home in a taxi.

I love days like today...

Days where I spend all day with friends that are such an essential piece to my China puzzle. Everyone I was with today is someone that I can be fully me with.  I can be a goof or serious with, be randomly sentimental with, and say "This is going to come out wrong so please interpret as I go...." with and not have them think I'm an absolute lunatic.

Days where I go to my favorite coffee shop and introduce them to my favorite drink from yesteryear and then try something new and different.

Days where I pop in to a friends house for a game of chess with a fourth grader and then wind up staying for seven hours.

Days filled with pictures on phones (both real and pretend) and giggles over the littlest of things.

Days where kiddos watch a classic 90s movie ("Senca, you dead man?") for the first time and love it.

Days where it's a bit rainy and a little gloomy, but yet every face seems to be filled with sunshine.

Days where I cry a little on the way home because it is all so good and I know that change is around the corner.

But today, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment