Thursday, November 28, 2019

T.HanksGiving

I'm thankful for so many things this year on this holiday focused on giving thanks, but I'm also a little caught up in the sadness of memories and missing people that I've shared this holiday with over the years.

Let me start with what I'm thankful for...that seems like a good way to get this post going.

I'm thankful for...
...friends around the world that I can stay connected to no matter where we are or how many miles and years separate us.  With the little smart phone I hold in my hand, I can capture new memories and reconnect over old ones.  What a gift!
...my job and the opportunity to pour into students and staff each day.  It can be hectic, but what an amazing blessing it is to do what I do where I do it.
...my family spread to the corners of the world.  While I wish we could all be in one spot on days like today, I love that we are all doing what we are called to do in such unique places around the globe.  Our lives are never boring, that's for sure.

I'm also missing a lot of people and non-traditional traditions today. 
I'm missing the Friendsgivings of college days, especially that one year that we made the local news in Parkersburg, West Virginia.
I'm missing our thrown together makeshift Thanksgiving dinner on Cougar Mountain when the snow kept us from getting to where we had planned to go, but it turned out to be an extra special day with friends.
I'm missing staff members that used to be here in China that became family over the years...sitting with the littles while their parents got stuff done and knowing that snowflake cutting season was just around the corner.
I'm missing Thanksgivings from elementary school when the after meal nap meant I could take a spin on my uncle's wheelchair.

And if I ever spent a Thanksgiving with you, I'm probably missing you a little bit (or a lottle bit) right now too!  Thanks for being a part of my Thanksgiving memories.

And on that note...


No comments:

Post a Comment