Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pair-O-Ducks


As I was packing today, I ran across my Pair-O-Ducks…which will inevitably hold more meaning for me in about 2 weeks.  Confused?  Me too. Let me explain…

You are probably thinking of paradox right about now: 
1. a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth.
2. a self-contradictory and false proposition.
3. any person, thing, or situation exhibiting an apparently contradictory nature.
4. an opinion or statement contrary to commonly accepted opinion.

And if you are thinking that, you are on the right lines, but these are my pair of ducks.

Meet Yay Duck and Yuck Duck.  I'll let you figure out which is which.



There are going to be many things that I come across in the next two years that are hard to handle/process/accept.  And there will be things that are super exciting.  It's going to be important for me to celebrate my yay duck days, but I have to accept the yuck ducks as they come, as well.  I won't want, but it's the balance that leads to a successful life overseas, and anywhere really.

I've been squeezing my yuck duck this afternoon as I've been packing. My yay duck will come out when I hang out with a few good friends later.  The yuck duck will return when I have to say farewell to them for two years.  Yay duck will follow when my head hits my pillow.

Oh the joys of life.


Location: Auburn, WA
Local Time (PST -- GMT-7): 5:01 p.m. (7/26/2012)
Chengdu Time (CST -- GMT+8): 8:01 a.m. (7/27/2012)

2 comments:

  1. Knowing you your entire life has been a joy and inspiration. I know you will collect far more yay than Yuck ducks! That's just the way you were created and nurtured. China is in for a treat.Love you, cousin.
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying! I love you so much... Not sure how I will cope without you either...

    ReplyDelete