Thursday, July 12, 2012

Precious Moments

There are a lot of little things that I will miss when I leave, but moments with people that I love are definitely on the top of that list.   I have so enjoyed the last few days at my cousin's house down in Oregon.  I got to spend so much time with her and her husband that was fantastic, and even more silly fantastic moments with her girls.  They are a HUGE part of my life.  I was there when they were born, spent last Christmas vacation with them, and countless other vacations and weekends.  They are the cutest girls in the whole wide world!  You won't be able to convince me otherwise!

I brought a stack of books down for them, some which are already favorites and some that are more meaningful for me to read than for them to hear :)  You win some you lose some!  One that I especially enjoy is Me with You by Kristy Demspey.  It's about a little bear cub and her grandpa, but so much of it is true for me and the girrs.  My favorite pages/lines are at the end of the book.  Let me share those with you.
On days when being me feels like
the sky was painted blank,
you and I together roll
along a brighter track.

And though I'll find new ways
of being me my whole life through,
my favorite me will always be...
when I am me with you.

 

And it's true: my favorite me is the me when I'm with them.  So many possibilities, so much love, and so many ridiculous giggles over nothing at all.  They are such a delight.  Leaving them is the hardest of goodbyes, not just because I love them so much, but because they don't quite grasp the concept yet. I live a few hours away now, so it won't be too different.  Until the holidays hit, that is.  Or the trips up to Washington to see other family when I magically show up.  *sigh*

This whole goodbye thing really does stink.


Soph and I on Day 1 :)


Liv and I are definitely smilers by nature :)



Location: Hillsboro, OR
Local Time (PST -- GMT-7): 9:38 a.m. (7/12/2012)
Chengdu Time (CST -- GMT+8): 12:18 a.m. (7/13/2012)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, found it! Anyway, I love reading your things and just wish I could go with you!

    ReplyDelete