Monday, July 30, 2012

Sorrow

There are many things I love about Google and the internet in general.  Today, I'm super thankful for the ability to search random quotes about what emotions I'm going through.  It has been a really hard week, and I have the sneaking suspicion that it is just going to get worse...much, much worse.  Goodbyes stink, no matter how many of them you have had to say in the past or how many are sure to come in the future.  So, without further pause, the quotes I have found and my thoughts...


“I guess by now I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing someone-you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence.”  Alyson Noel
So incredibly true.  Whether it's a permanent or a temporary goodbye, a good friend is not to be replaced or simply brushed past in your mind.  They have a permanent residence, in both mind and heart.


“Eventually, everything goes away.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
So true.  Depressing, but true.


“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.” ― John Steinbeck
Darker, but somehow so much better.


"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes.  A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.  And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends."  - Richard Bach
That's much better.


Okay enough of all that.  It may be easier to have never had, and easier to think about the returns and eventual hellos, but it's still makes the loss, the goodbyes, the sorrow, very real.   Nothing can lessen or extinguish that.


Enough of my depressing thoughts...be well, friends, wherever you might be!

Location: Auburn, WA
Local Time (PST -- GMT-7): 3:27 p.m. (7/30/2012)
Chengdu Time (CST -- GMT+8): 6:27 a.m. (7/31/2012)

2 comments:

  1. Miss Teusink, those quotes make me feel so much better. :-?
    -DramaQueen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Teusink, those comments made me feel better. :-?
    -DramaQueen

    ReplyDelete